Inpatient Rehabilitation Admission Criteria
To qualify for admission the patient must:
- Be diagnosed by a physician with a condition or deficit requiring an acute rehabilitation program
- Be medically stable
- Require at least two or more therapies:
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech pathology
- Be able to tolerate a minimum of three hours of therapy per day
- Have a discharge plan in place
Prior to admission, an on-site assessment will be completed by one of our rehabilitation case managers.
Services provided at the Rehabilitation Institute are directed at improving deficits in such areas as:
- Activities of daily living (ADLs) or self-care skills
- Bowel and bladder function
- Pain management
- Cognitive functioning such as memory, orientation, etc.