Rehabilitation at Loma Linda
The newly remodeled rehabilitation unit at Loma Linda Medical Center East Campus promotes a healing environment with warm colors and textures and modern, home-like rooms with private patios.
Our staff is dedicated to our mission "to make man whole." We believe there is a significant connection between the mind and body, our goal is to provide Christ-centered care in a healing environment that treats the whole person not just the diagnosis.
What makes us different?
- "Whole person" concept of care.
- Rehabilitation within an acute care hospital.
- Newly remodeled patient rooms with outdoor patios, teak tables and chairs, green climbing vines, and beautiful flowers.
- Access to physician specialists within the Loma Linda University Medical Center system.
- Attending physicians who are specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation (physiatrists) and are CCS (California Children's Services) paneled.
- CARF (Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited.
- A full continuum of care on one integrated campus that includes: inpatient rehabilitation, outpatient rehabilitation, orthotics & prosthetics and the PossAbilities club.
- Program coordinators who coordinate the patient's care from admission to discharge.
- Individualized treatment programs based upon the patient's needs.
- Opportunity for family/caregiver training.
- Prompt on-site evaluations to local hospitals for case managers and physicians requesting inpatient rehabilitation for their patient.
- Patient and family member psychosocial support through support groups, the team social worker, and rehabilitation psychology.
- Contracts with most major insurance companies and acceptance of Medicare, Medi-Cal, and California Children's Services insurances.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center is a level one trauma center and a teaching hospital dedicated to furthering education and research in the area of medicine.
- Affordable daily rates though the Loma Linda Inn.
- Extended hours of operation in outpatient rehabilitation to accommodate working patients.
We are JCAHO (Joint Commission Accreditation of Hospital Organizations) accredited facility.
Commitment to Growth
Loma Linda University Medical Center and the East Campus Hospital are dedicated to growth. Soon there will be the addition of a "boundless playground" or "adaptive recreation park" that will be the first of it's kind in the area.
The park will surround the new entrance to the East Campus Hospital off of Loma Linda Drive and it will be a wonderful focal point in the community for children of all ages and abilities to play.
To download the 2010 LLUMC East Campus Annual Report, please click on the link below: